Veronika Decides to Die

Hello!
I am trying to spend more time into blogging, before I actually lose the time gradually, due to university.
:)

It's kind of a goal for me to finish at least a book for every semester of my university.
This semester, I actually finished a book in just a month. (I started the book during my break)
This is actually my second or third book from Coelho, I can't remember. My first was probably The Alchemist. The Alchemist was a tough book for me back then, I was just fifteen then if I'm not wrong about the dates. Jia Ying was the one who introduced me the book. I think I should probably re-read The Alchemist, I couldn't remember what it was about already. 

Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho (image from google).
The story takes place in Slovenia, which reminds me of Masha. :)
This story was a unique one, I've never read stories that talks about insanity and different psychological disorders. Very interesting, and it's also a true story, from Coelho. 
Story evolves around Veronika who failed at a suicide attempt, and eventually got herself admitted in a mental hospital. During her internment she met three different patients with different sickness, who each shared their stories to Veronika. There's also an important character, Dr.Igor, where he experiments with Veronika and finally gave a new life to her. 

I can't tell if this is going to be my favourite book, but this is definitely a book that I'd recommend.

To more Coelho's book :) 

Good news to encourage more of my reading habit is that the book vouchers are coming! In like a week or so. And I finally found John Green's book set in Sabah! /Hyperventilates
But right now I have no books that I intend to start, nothing interests me in my book shelves here in Sabah. I left some of the books that I wanted to start back at my home. 

Btw, recently I got interested in Lorde, the singer who sang Royals. When I searched her up I got totally surprised that she's like, 17. Whoa. I like her voice, and I really like Royals the song, particularly her style of singing and the music. So I'm currently listening to her albums, The Love Club and also Pure Heroine. She's a talented singer and song-writer, at such a young age. 


PS: I was munching on an apple as my breakfast and suddenly had a huge wave of regrets that I didn't visit many nice breakfast places back at home, and eat proper and nice breakfasts like egg benedicts and toast, or even just porridge and yao zha guai. 
Meh.