Cameron Highlands - What to do?



Heads up to you who have been thinking of paying Cameron Highlands a visit, please do it on normal weekends instead of public holidays!
Because we went there during the Raya holidays and trust me, it's so jammed we had to park our car half way up and walked all the way. I am not joking!


The whole journey took us 6 hours with loads of stops in between, and it was recorded that we walked for a good 14 KM. To be honest, that was an adventure I'll never forget.

This post is one of the most picture-filled post I've ever done in my travel series, so I hope ya'll enjoyed the photos! I personally edited them each, one by one as I am not a fan of raw images.Since it's a local trip I am not going to get to the details, and honestly it wasn't plan anyway!

Jotting down some of the places you might be interested to visit!
Click the place for directions ;)

Big Red Strawberry Farm
  • Get yourself indulged in the strawberry self-pick buffet!
  • All the strawberry goodness desserts available at the cafe at the top



Strawberries - self pick for only RM10!


Don't forget to try their softserve strawberry ice creams 


Flower girl freshly flown from Hong Kong ;)


Boh Tea Plantation
  • En-route to the actual Boh Tea Plantation, do drop by this viewing point (left for flat land parking) at the roadside and take plenty of scenic pictures, with or without you in it
  • Visit their factory right behind the cafe for real experiences of tea-making
  • Visit their gallery for the history of BOH tea
  • Get plenty of tea souvenirs!




 


The girls busy capturing the best photos of the tea plantations


Can conduct photoshoot there, no joke



The secret to good photography is only one - natural lighting


Hi all, this guy is single and available, please dm for contact.
Details:
Height: 1.78 m (at least)
Weight: Enough to make you feel secured
Job: Good enough to bring you for dates
Personality: 9/10 ( my ratings does not confirm quality, please check upon receiving good)



This is our first trip together and probably last! 
Just kidding, two of them are my Hong Kong friends, and we basically didn't know each other for too long but hey, travelling is a good way to get to know each other, right? 
Hope they enjoyed the breezy weather despite the crazy jam.


Time Tunnel Museum 

  • Prepare yourself for a journey back to time, as all these vintage and nostalgic decorations reminds you of memories of the olden days
  • Instagrammable everywhere! Bringing that 80s' and 90s' vibes
  • War information regarding Malaysia readable along the walkway
  • Entrance fee is for RM 5/person












Lavender Farm 

  • Check out different types of Lavender being flown from all over the world but grown in Cameron
  • Flowers, flowers everywhere!







Strawberry Cottage @ Cameron Square

I highly recommend this as they have unique flavours of cake which even includes durian!
But they're quite fast in selling out so be sure to be there early to get your piece of cake.



Nasi Lemak cake, which is really surprisingly good but weird at the same time!
Despite the savoury topping, the cake is done really good.

Salted egg and pineapple cheesecake that goes together well, no regrets on picking this.

And since we are at this cheesecake topic, have you all tried the 6th Avenue cheesecake at Isetan@ The Japan Store?
If you have not, please do. I am no food blogger material, but trust me, that cheesecake is the BOMB.



Bonus!

Sleepbox Hostel @ Tanah Rata

Highly recommended if you're looking for budget rooms, as these hostels provide really comfy bed for less than RM 60/night.
Shared bathroom is also really clean, I'd rate the whole place at 8.5/10.
Simple breakfast is also provided!
Sorry we were really late to check in hence I didn't take any photos here, but I do have a few videos recorded in my insta stories under my highlights, so you know what to do! ;)
CLICK!


INSTAGRAMMABLE?
Random snapshots taken when we were hiking all the way up so I do not have the locations tagged, but I hope you get lucky like us!



Found huge ass dandelions by the roadside.




Not colour coordinated but what a great combination to have!
BTW, those plants at the back were hibiscus.
I was amazed as I didn't know hibiscus could grow up to that height.


Dried baby breaths selling cheap when you approach them at the market around 6 PM ish as they are closing down.
We got 5 bouquets for RM 30.


There are a lot of smokehouses inn around so I'm not sure if this is the oldest one!
But still very grammable.


Can I sign this photo up for any national themed photography competition?
Perfect focus and sunlight!



Reasons why I am always last in a group:
1. I have short legs
2. I usually take some time snapping pictures around and if I get intrigued I get carried away
3. I like snapping candids/natural shots of my mates, especially back shots

So if you were to travel with me, please do have some patience :P
But I promise I'll take the best pictures for you, of you!


Caught a minion girl whilst hiking along a golf yard.
This is also single and available, so kindly slide into my DM.
Height: Petite but definitely long legs 
Weight: Light enough for you to carry her
Job: Enough to get her independent so you don't have to worry!
Personality: 11/10 (based on personal opinions, if missed out on expectations, kindly return)




Climbing the shortcut @ Cactus Point

Remember I said we walked all the way up? There wasn't a perfect trail all the way so we had to walk alongside roads. And at one point we found a hill called Cactus Point that has a poorly shaped trail due to probably locals climbing it. And by climbing it, that could save us around 400 m worth of distance, and they (NOT ME) decided we should do it.
I am NOT a hiker, thanks to my acrophobia and short legs ( my lengths do not allow me to reach places where normal people can) so I was objecting but before I could my HK friend was already halfway through the hill so yeah....

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

It was quite high and steep! I am just glad I didn't need to use the same way down...
And if any of you are curious of as to how we walked back, we didn't! Are you crazy that's 28 KM in total if we walked down. HAHA.
We took the cab back when the jam was subsiding.

Til next time for my travel series!
Stay tuned for the coming post!