Diving in Salang, Tioman

Hello!
Before I wave goodbye to the year of 2019,
I better get my ass down to blogging.

Here to write about my latest dive trip in Tioman!
Last year I went all the way to Tawau, Sabah to dive and you can check my post here

This is not my first time in Tioman, in fact not my first time diving in Salang with Scuba-Naut.
Second time with them, and I must say Tioman's visibility and corals are really quite amazing, compared to Redang and Tenggol. 

1. Itinerary

DAY 1: Depart to Mersing Jetty - Ferry to Salang - Lunch -1 Dive -  Dinner -Free & Easy
DAY 2: Breakfast - 2 Dives - Lunch - 1 dive - 1 night dive - Dinner - Free & Easy
DAY 3: Breakfast - Ferry to Mersing Jetty - Depart to home

If you're looking for a budget dive trip not too far from KL and don't mind the driving - Tioman is a perfect place for you.

2. Expenses

A brief budgeting expenses plan from me:
Do take note there's 6 of us; the expenses below is calculated per pax.

DIVE PACKAGE 3D2N  = RM 550
(Inclusive: Accommodation, 2x Ferry tickets, 2x breakfast, 4x boat dives, equipment rental)  
MEALS = RM 100 (4 x meals)
PETROL (RM 50) + TOLL (RM15) = RM 65 
**Parking @Mersing Jetty = RM 45/ car **

Approx. Total ~ RM 750

3. Accommodation & Food

Since we took up the package that includes accommodation, Scuba Naut usually paired up with SALANG PUSAKA RESORT, and their places are quite decent. Nothing fancy, but spacious room with big bathroom and basic facilities (heated shower, air con).

5 minutes walk to the beach, 3 minutes walk to the dive center.
Didn't get to take pictures of the accommodation, but click the link above to check out some snaps!

Don't worry about getting food, as there were easily at least 20 restaurants aligned all along the Salang beach.

4. Activities

Diving
The package I took on was actually 4 x boat dives, but I also took additional night dive on the second day. They charge RM 80-120 per additional dives when requested.
It was really fun! For night dives I actually saw quite some different types of fishes and was really eye-opening. Check out some pictures our dive master took of us!






Besides diving, there are also tonnes to be done in Salang. There's island hopping and snorkeling, water sports as well as hiking.


4. Snaps


 Some pictures I took while strolling around the beach.

A cute takeaway-only bar


Salang waters

Right next to Scuba Naut, you see a clear stream flowing down back to the sea. 
Be careful of monitor lizards!

Salang beach








My diving mates, featuring our dive instructors.
Congratulations Shi Yunn on joining the bandwagon of underwater world!
Super proud of her cos her first diving experience was actually with me and she told me she was actually quite terrified and had no idea how we could do it for so many times.
But this year when she told me she wanted to do it because she's all YOLO! I am super happy.
Glad you managed to do it ;) 

Also first time diving with my boyfriend, what are the odds that I found someone that also dives?
(Of course, tonnes of people dive now, lol) 





Hope ya'll find this post helpful in terms of helping you plan a budget diving trip.
Till the next dive trip!
xoxo