Penang 2022 - 3D2N Itinerary

Hello! How happy I am to be writing this blog post because it finally means we can travel again!

I am currently taking a break from my career and everything else (amen to that) so I am travelling and have a few more plans coming up. Definitely check this place for more in the hopes I don't get too lazy to write.

So Penang! I was always in Penang for once or twice per year due to work but have never travelled there for leisure for at least 6 years. Hence I was very happy to be able to visit again!



Day 1 - Nature, Architecture & Night Market

Morning - Entopia (RM 42/pax from Klook)

Lunch - @ Tam Sam Guan Seafood, Batu Feringghi Decent food with affordable pricing (RM15/ pax)

Coffee - Starbucks Batu Feringghi, go right ahead for good pictures at the beach, sunny but worthy!

Hotel Check In @ Royale Chulan Penang, Pengkalan Weld (RM 210+/pax for 2 nights)

Early evening - Stroll all round the streets between Pengkalan Weld, Little India, Gat Lebuh China and many more. If you appreciate architecture and love photography, definitely drop by!

Dinner -  Chulia Night Market! Trust me, it's so damn good. Try Wantan Mee (6/5 stars), Pork & Wild boar satay, Duck Noodles (4/5), and Squid Kangkung (sans the chilli cos it was way too spicy). The curry mee & ckt were a little disappointing. (RM 25/pax)


I arrived early on the first day as I started my journey at 5 am - for the reason of hiking the Penang National Park. Unfortunately it was raining cats and dogs by the time we arrived so we had to change a last minute plan and reroute to Entopia which was also very near to the National Park! Klook is your best friend - most tickets are sold cheaper than actual prices so do give 'em a check before you decide! I bought it on the spot and redeemed it on the day itself. 

The restaurants nearby Batu Feringghi area closes quite early, so if you want to hunt for food in the area, make sure you arrive around 12-1.30 pm as beyond that most restaurants close. Starbucks Batu Feringghi is definitely a must because they redid the place recently and it is super instagrammable! This is my first time staying at Pengkalan Weld and I definitely do not regret because it is surrounded by colonial architecture that I super love photographing. I didn't want to clog the blog with a lot of pictures, so do check out my Facebook for more photos! 



Day 2 - Nature, Traditional Food & Dinner w Drinks

Morning - Penang Hill & The Habitat (RM 6 + RM 54/pax from Klook)

Lunch @ Village Fish Head Bee Hoon (RM15/ pax)

Dessert @ Oh Kio Dessert (RM 3/pax)

Snacks @ Ku Zhao Wei Zha Xiang Jiao  (RM 10/pax) super duper good please try 

Cafe hopping @ Norm Micro Roastery (RM 25/pax) coffee & desserts

Dinner @ Communal Table by Gen (RM 100/pax) 4 tapas, 1 main & wine carafe to be shared by 3 pax

Drinks @ Kara Kara (RM 35/pax for sharing cocktail) Do book a table as they're almost always fully booked!




Do not expect much from The Habitat, I personally feel the Langkawi's Sky Walk is much better, but The Habitat says the funding of the tickets go to the maintenance of the place so...I'll gladly pay. The forest walk is nice and my mom & I definitely enjoyed ourselves. At the very end of your walk, you'll be greeted with a souvenir shop and a cafe which is really nice as you get to sip your coffee while watching the greenery. Day 2's lunch main meal was decent, but the snacks are what I would definitely recommend. The fried cempedak and the fried carrot cake was so amazing! Make sure to hunt for the uncle with the lorry. The best part is Day 2's lunch is all along Jalan Pengkalan Weld, not even a 5 minutes walk from each other. 
Brought my mom to try Communal Table by gen, if you recognize - gen was on Asia's Top 100 Best Restaurant  and among all three restaurants, gen was the only one I could afford and not even the actual restaurant, it was a spin off/sister company that the owner ventured out to in hopes for people like me can also try their good food - or that's what I think 😆. This was my second time at Communal Table, and I really like their dining concept, however the food quality has slightly deteriorated or I picked the wrong stuff from the menu T_T. I did however, enjoy the dinner nonetheless because service was tip top. 

Another place I would recommend especially if you like ambience and cool interior - give Kara Kara a visit and you'll enjoy yourself! Service was also tip top. 


Day 3 - Coffee, Arts & Culture

Morning - Breakfast @ No. 76 Coffee Stall - very wide variety of coffee and breakfast selection (nasi lemak nyonya, porridge) all quite good! (RM 15/pax)


Do visit Uncle's shop just opposite of No. 76 as he asked me to promote his shop - he sells traditional snacks and good instant coffee as well!

Stroll around @ Hin Bus Depot (FOC) and their weekend market - lots of plants, artsy fartsy stuffs! This place is my vibes because it also has cafes, restaurants, bars, stationary shops, and many more. I spent 2 hours here 😂

Lunch @ Sentosa Food Court, Bukit Mertajam (RM20/pax) order coffee, yam rice with soup, Penang Rojak/Jawa Mee, and also pastries are famous! (Egg tarts and siew pao). SAHHH GOOD!





Day 3 has one of my favourite spot - Hin Bus Depot which I have been dying to go. The shops there are very cute and I definitely recommend if you like artsy stuffs as well as plants cos they have so many shops selling plants there. Cafes are all around the corner and definitely a chill place. I would 10/10 go back if I were to be in Penang again! 
I took a route to stop by Bukit Mertajam as I missed the yam rice a lot and also to meet my friends. If you guys would only like to focus on Penang Island, this itinerary could be ignored. 

I really enjoyed Penang and if you're reading this to prepare for a Penang trip - Have fun and please stuff your face with all the good food.
This itinerary is also parent-friendly as I went with my mother 😊


Overall Budget Spent/pax:
1. Accommodation: RM 210 (2 nights)
2. Food : RM 228 (Do keep in mind this is already on the higher side because we spent RM 100 for dinner on D2. If you choose to eat at cheaper places this budget will def go down!)
3. Entrance Fee : RM 102 (2 spots)
4. Petrol & Toll : RM 100
Total = RM 640.00