Do you know Art?


Malacca Trip 2014 (September)

My second time to Malacca this year, and managed to try many local delicacies compared to the first trip where we only managed to eat Nadeje and coconut shake. 
This Malacca trip's is with my coursemates, and had loads of fun too.
One of the fruitful lesson that I'd like to jot down would be the impromptu visit to a gallery along one of the streets in Jonker street. It's an art gallery, which I cannot remember what its name is, but it is situated at a rather quiet streets, right opposite of a very long boutique shop selling clothes with a vintage interior design. 
The gallery door is decorated with a bell, notifying visitors to ring the bell before entering. A friend of mine rang it before I could react, because I really wanted to enter to look around, but wasn't brave enough, because I saw the price of one of the paintings is quite high, and was thinking it wouldn't be very nice to enter if I wasn't interested to buy.
But turns out it was the best decision ever. For that whole trip. 
An old man came and open the door and asked us to enjoy the gallery. He was quite serious, but we entered because I was really interested in looking around galleries. 
I was awed by his paintings, because I thought they were really, very, very good. 
He was very passionate over his own paintings and I find it very amazing to have a 74 year old man to tell me about his passion, that he has had for the last 7 decades.
He taught me my very first lesson on enjoying paintings and arts.
It was a splendid and fruitful short journey in the gallery, as if entering his world of paintings.
He taught us how to know if you'd like a paint and made the right decision if you really want to get it. He also explained a bit about his job that he gave up just to be an artist, his life, and his utmost passion in arts. 
I am very lucky to have the chance to meet Dr Edwin Ho, the painter of many beautiful paintings. He taught us how to enjoy his paintings and understand how many hard works he had poured in just to complete something, with a strong goal to reach his highest limit, every single time he paints.
I respect him with all my heart and admired him for being able to hold on to the same passion for 70 years. Now, that's passion, young kids. 
I didn't get to take pictures around in the gallery, because I thought it wouldn't be so good to just post it around the social network. But if you guys are really interested, please do pay him a visit. :)
A very inspiring painter and person, I believe.


 Malacca trip friends!

Alright, I just wanted to blog it out because these good things are worthy to be remembered.
;)