The pursuit of happiness



Hello.

I have so many thoughts and happiness I'd like to share here, but I think it's important that I write down what I think is great first.

Today, I heard something from a person, and it had me thinking, and also gave me some settling feeling that is in fact, really special.

To hear this from someone that is really good, and I'd say doing great in every aspect of life, is quite enlightening.

No matter how great you are, no matter how smart you are, or no matter how good you are, humans always involve themselves in chasing for things that are surreal. Fame, power, money. But the fact that none of these would matter in 50/60 years from now because you cannot eat either of them is the fact that matters. What you've done in your life that has affect the people around you, and you yourself is the one that matters.

Being contented and happy with what you have, trying your best in everything that matters to you, is some of the things that will mean something 50/60 years from now.
And I think that something is that you have no regrets.

I feel secured, and settled because that person, is someone that is considered excellent and good. But to see how down to earth he is through his words, it spoke to me that even people that are really good, can also have minimum needs in life.
Not everything has to be luxurious or expensive, or even excellent to live with.
I think good enough is pretty good already.

"You don't have to be great to want great, and even if you're great, you are allowed to want modesty."



Good night. :)