Where did I go?

Post dedicated to what I've done in my very last mid semester break for my university life.

1. Padas White Water Rafting, Beaufort

Very exciting experience, I'd say. And the train ride there is remarkably breathtaking. I've never been on such an old train, hence a very new experience for me. The railway reminded me of Spirited Away.




I fell off in one of the rapid zone, and the next second I knew I'm being rushed down by the current but it was like, the coolest experience ever because you literally thought you'd die. And I'm not kidding. Hahahaa. But another nice experience was when you see your boat mates paddling their hardest to save you. I was just you know, hanging around the river and just chilling, waiting for my saviours.



Must try!


2. Ranau + Sandakan Road Trip (4D3N)

Ranau was for half day where we visited Sabah Tea Farm, Poring Hot Spring and also Fish Spa.

It's actually my second time to Sandakan, and it was a different experience from the first. Discovered a lot about the old city centre of Sabah, and they said it's like a Little HK.

Visit:


Kinabatangan River Cruise!
Spot for: Proboscis monkey, hornbill, crocodiles, monkeys, elephants (seasonal).
We were lucky, as we get to see the elephants, because they walk along the river the whole year, only a specific period/season they'd appear at the river bank that are visible to the river cruise. 
It's a MUST visit because it was like National Geography in front of you ;)





Labuk Bay Proboscis Sanctuary.
Up close and personal with these monkeys :)
Some are very tame!



Rainforest Discovery Centre. 
Look for : Sepilok Giant Tree! 

Pu Ji Si
A temple surrounded by the sea, amazing view from above! 

Also visit:
Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabiliation Centre, Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre and Gomantong Cave (Bird Nest Cave).

Sandakan's food is also awesome. 
I'm not very sure with the restaurants that we've tried, but it's all good stuff, and I'm pretty sure you can find them all over the interweb :)


3. Mantatani Island, Kota Belud (2D1N)

The best island that I've ever been. Pulau Weh comes second! But they're both so beautiful.
There are two greatest things that you're about to experience in Mantatani Island. One, the crystal clear water that would definitely take your breath away, because for shallow waters, just stand right at the shore and look inside. You could spot blue corals and fishes everywhere. If you're lucky you could catch a glimpse of sea turtle! I wasn't lucky. :P

Two, the starry sky at night. I am not kidding you, but you can see some parts of the Milky Way stretched out right in front of you. And another thing that you need to spot under the starry sky? Meteors. In that one night itself, I've caught 7 to 8 meteors just right in front of my eyes and there were 3 that were so bright the tail was leaving trails of lights seconds after it disappear.

There is this third thing that I did not manage to see that you have to experience when you're at Mantatani. The bioluminescent. We missed because we were at the wrong part of the island, we were laying around on the jetty and watching stars and meteors. Try searching for them at the part of the island that has waves. We were informed by the tourists that they watched the beautiful organisms from 8.30 to 10.30 PM. But! They're seasonal so you might not be able to see them too.








Fun filled holiday it is.
But it was also one of the most "heart breaking" holiday where I could not help but see things more clearly than ever.
:)

Next to look forward to:
Two field trips!