Twenty Eighteen - you ready?


Hello.
Brand new year
Are you in the bandwagon of
"New year new me"
or
"New year same shit?"

I find that meme hilarious. I'm a bit of both. 
If you ask me whether if I am a festive kind of person, I'd say.. not so. Except for CNY because lolz free money, why not? But then new year, for me, is really something I see as a brand new start, because I'm all of that restart kind of person. Just like how I'm a resolution kind of person.

And for this new year, I started it, remarkably. Hopefully this collects my courage to cross off one bucket list - that is to travel alone, soon! I wish to do it by this year.
For the new year, as it coincides with a transition period I am personally having, I took a week off, from my jobs and from the daily life I run everyday. 
I left Klang on the very first day of 2018, down south to meet my best friend, in Melaka.
We had a great time together, its great to see him progressing, as an adult. And I wish only the best for him, because I know he tries hard enough to be good. It may seem so minute to you, but trust me, you're doing great. Just keep that positive vibe going, you'll do good.  After spending two days, experiencing the beautiful cafes in Melaka, mostly, I moved up north to Langkawi.
And met one of the most nerve-wrecking time of my life!
Nerve-wrecking because never once before it happened, and also because I was facing the incident all alone.

And if travelling alone would teach me something - it would be that the reality of no one you could depend on will really slap you hard in the face. And then you'll realize that you will have completely no one or space to complain and spread how shitty it was, but to only come up with a solution, as soon as you can. I think that really helps me, because I am someone who dwells in my mistake too often sometimes, that I forgot I am suppose to overcome it, instead of just complaining. 
So yeah,lol. Boot camp intensive training for my mind.   
I am a very sensitive person, so when something gets overwhelming, it's really really overwhelming. 

Langkawi!
I was there a few years back during my semester break vacay, and tbh, this time, I totally saw Langkawi in a very different light. 



Lagenda Park


Pak Malau Homestay

The paddy fields, the greeneries, the hills, is simply breathtaking.
It's the first time I'm around the beach, but didn't pay much attention to the sea. The land views were so amazing.
I still went to a lot of beaches, thanks to my personal guide, but due to the weather there wasn't much enough to look around. Deeply saddened by the fact that I missed all of the sunsets and sunrises. But that's okay! I am planning to go again, to visit the geopark, and maybe dive there.
Maybe I'll do a list soon on where to visit in Langkawi? Because most of the places that I've dropped by aren't very famous yet. If you like to take pictures, like me, I think those places are amazing.
Some of it were the two of the above.

I also stayed alone throughout my 3 days 2 nights trip.
In a dorm!
Bucket list checked, LOL.
Stay alone in a foreign place.
My friend said "How alone do you want to be?"
Hahahaha. I just want to experience being somewhere completely foreign alone.
It's a great trip, where I'd do some highlights:
- board a flight where the boarding gate was already closed, thanks to the AA crew that helped me out
- ran for my life to catch a flight that i almost missed
- roam the streets of Langkawi alone as early as 7 AM
- lay on a rock under a waterfall, just listening to the nature
- stood on a bridge that was 2170 feet above sea level
- board a flight alone, that was not KK, haha
- lost a book that I owned for only 3 days

I am still grasping the feeling of travelling alone, because sometimes when people stare, I get very uncomfortable. Like the awkwardness. But I asked an experienced solo traveller, and he told me,
You know, when people stare, maybe they just wanted to join you. People are nice, generally.

I find that a really nice thought, because tbh, sometimes when I look at people, I think of the same thing too.
Like wow, is she alone?
Maybe I could speak to her/him.
Ask him where did he come from.
Spark unexpected conversations.
Meet people.
Talk to someone who is so different from you.
Getting different inputs.
Giving out outputs.

Well, here's to mustering my own courage to do all I've wanted all my life.
To 2018.

Happy new year guys!
Love yall who still check this space.
:)