10 Questions to Process before Wrapping Up 2021

 

2020, Cherating

Happy new year guys. I thank you who still take the time to read this safe space where I pen my writings. 
I hope everyone is excited about 2022, and I wish you a very good year ahead! Back in December 2021, I stumbled into an instagram post that asks 10 questions to process my 2021. I thought it was a great exercise and recap to do, and took the time today to write about it. 

1. What did 2021 teach me about myself?

To be honest, 2021 was a worser year compared to my 2020. A second year into the pandemic, things did not get better in circumstances, and I had to endure a lot of changes, especially towards the end of 2021. However, what I did learn about myself in that year is....

  • I am capable of learning and accepting challenges that I thought I could not 
  • I can learn and pick up new hobbies - in 2020 I picked up cooking, and in 2021 I picked up acrylic painting
  • Pausing and stopping for a break is not a sign of weakness 
  • I lacked the faith in myself, and had a lot of self doubt moments, and will dwell into blaming myself for mistakes - which I really need to work on..


2. Who showed up for me, and how can I nurture those relationships?

My boyfriend - definitely. I cannot imagine how I would go through 2021 without his patience, love, and care. He always knew what kind of love I needed, and gave me as much space as he could. I needed a lot of time to just shut down due to overwhelming emotions and burdens, and he never once said no. I think it takes a lot of love and effort, and I really appreciate that. I think our relationship has slowly found its balance throughout the time we have spent and not spend with each other (due to pandemic).

My family & close friends - who would just check in with me from time to time.

On nurturing relationships - I'd like to think that most of my relationships are "nurtured" enough, hence they showed up for me, but come this year, I hope we can spend more quality time to learn more and grow more together.


3. What do I need to accept about myself and the other people in my life?

Myself - Sometimes you fail and that is fine because you cannot possibly win every single thing, and it is impossible to control every single element.

Other people - everyone is wired differently and have different opinions and judgements, and that is absolutely fine.


4. How did I cope with uncomfortable feelings?

To be honest I don't think I coped - I think it was more of I ran away from those uncomfortable feelings and busied myself with other distractions. Which is not exactly a healthy thing...


5. How can I better manage my reaction to my feelings?

I need to come to terms with my feelings. Whatever it is, especially the bad ones - anxiety/stress/negativity, I need to live with them and accept them, acknowledge that these feelings are only human and it's not entirely a bad thing. 


6. In what ways will I take better care of myself in 2022?

I struggle a lot with self-care and self-love, so come this year I really wish I can pick up exercising regularly, eating healthily and spending more time with myself to work on myself better. Hobbies are great time to spend with myself and I lost a lot of time to work in 2021, and hopefully I can find the balance back this year.


7. What has been a barrier to me completing my goals, and how will I remove the barrier in 2022?

Honestly, the stress that I have been dealing with has been obstructing me to enjoy a lot of moment in life. I wish to just let it go and flow naturally on a lot of things, and just understand that if I try my best and things do not turn out as how I wished it should be - then so be it. Less stress, and more love to myself.


8. What limiting beliefs do I need to release?

  • That I should excel and I need to be of a certain capability and standards


9. What do I need to practice doing more or less of?

Do more of - hobbies, self care and love by understanding my body and mind more. Take more rest and time to digest whatever that happens. 

Do less of - unnecessary stressful thinking, working off office hours (seriously, this is my new year resolution), caring too much about the consequences, stacking my worries..


10. What one boundary do I need to implement to improve my peace in 2022?

Saying no to things that I know have less worth and meaning to me.

This is a good exercise, as I have been dwelling myself with a lot of negative feelings and doing this had made me realized that despite 2021 being a rather sucky year, I came out just fine, and that's what that matters right? :)

Till next time, xoxo.